• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How do I find my QuickTime movie file size after exporting from Imovie?

K

koawoody

I'm on Mac OS 9.1 and the movie is saved to my desktop. I need to know the file size before attempting to upload to a video hosting site. I'm a rookie and I've been searching for the solution for two hours without any luck.Will someone help me please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I am not too familiar with OS 9 but try ctrl clicking (or right click if you have a 2 button mouse) and see if there is a get info or properties button

OP
K

koawoody

trpnmonkey41 said:
I am not too familiar with OS 9 but try ctrl clicking (or right click if you have a 2 button mouse) and see if there is a get info or properties button

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Nowhere in the Imovie or QuickTime help or tutorials was there an answer to that question.

While I have your attention, which is the higher quality QuickTime file
web movie, small or streaming web movie, small?

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
koawoody said:
I'm on Mac OS 9.1 and the movie is saved to my desktop. I need to know the file size before attempting to upload to a video hosting site. I'm a rookie and I've been searching for the solution for two hours without any luck.Will someone help me please?

Apple+I = Get info

All the apple shortcuts are the same on OS9 and OSX with the exception of Eject, on OS9 this was called 'Put Away' (Apple+Y)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hype.it said:
Apple+I = Get info

All the apple shortcuts are the same on OS9 and OSX with the exception of Eject, on OS9 this was called 'Put Away' (Apple+Y)
and a few others, like command+N to create a new folder, now its shift+command+N, and it used to be command+M to make an alias, now its command+L:mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.