Incompatible Security Conncetion

Reaction score
My friend is having a problem with her internet. When she tries to connect to the internet, airport says 'Incompatible Security Connection'.
She has a macbook with Leopard
It worked fine until a few days ago when it just went down.
She has a Speedtouch b25dae router
Uses AOL (need to sign in)
The internet works fine on the PC.
She says it connects to the router on the mac but airport says "Incompatible ...' and the internet doesn't work
It suddenly worked for an hour this afternoon but then went down again
The lights on power and ethernet are green but wlan is amber
Neither wireless nor cable work for her
when she tries to set up the internet again on network setup assistant it tells her that the password is invalid, even though she assures me she has the right password.

Any more information that you might need, if you could explain how to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Has she tried changing the password to WPA?

OP
P
Reaction score
It appears as though it is a WPA/WEP conflict, but she cannot find where to set her macbook to use WPA.

If anyone can tell us, that would be awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It appears as though it is a WPA/WEP conflict, but she cannot find where to set her macbook to use WPA.

If anyone can tell us, that would be awesome.

You don't need to change anything on the macbook. It will respond to whatever the router is sending out.

Try changing the router wireless setting to use WPA-PSK or WPA2 and make sure it's using 'g' or 'b and g' standards not just 'b'

If you can post the exact model number of the router I should be able to find more specific instructions for you. Cant seem to find "b25dae"

HTH
mrplow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.