my Mac freezes when iTunes plays music

Reaction score
Hi there! I got a Mac G4 with Mac OS X 10.5 on it from a friend. That friend says he never had any problems with it...
I have problems with this Mac all the time from the very beginning. It freezes when ITunes plays music and also with some web-sites like myspace (also when playing music), and then I have to press the restart button:(
I have tried already all basic troubleshooting: creating new user, deleting ITunes plist, reinstalling ITunes, disc utility (...) Nothing works! It freezes again and again... I need help!!
Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What speed is that G4

I have stuck with Tiger since it does what I need

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac | iPod Shuffle | iPhone |
There's always a new computer :D
Hope your computer gets better.

Reaction score
Does it freeze with all music or just some? I had a freeze problem a while back and it turned out to be corrupted mp3 files, once i got rid of them the problem went away.

As for Myspace freezes, if your using Safari you might be having the same problem i have, it just sits there and refuses to finish loading the pages. I have found that using Firefox cures that for me anyway, or you might want to try the latest version of Safari and see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.