Best Way to Charge the Battery?

Reaction score
What is the best way to charge my battery? It was just replaced and I want to keep it as fresh for as long as possible. Do I let the entire charge run out? Do I never disconnect the power cord? Do I let it run half way? Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
drain completely then recharge... i think

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 250GB 2.4 intel.
The guy who sold me my first MacBook, has a PowerBook G4 I think and he still gets 3 to 4 hours of battery even using WiFi. He says that all he does is use the computer as much time he can do connected to the wall instead of using the battery. And when he does this he takes the battery off the PowerBook. He has near 4 years with it I think. I don't know if this is the best thing to do, but seems to work with this guy.

Reaction score
Most people will say drain it all the way then recharge, I'm a bit of a power freak, I keep my Mac plugged in all the time except if I have no choice. I always gets 3-5hrs. This goes against best practices..but its worked for me on all my laptops ( I have 10+ laptops mostly IBM )
my 2 cents.

Reaction score
you could fret and fuss about how to charge your MacBook all the time, or you could just use it the way you want to use it, whether that means plugged in or on the battery. Chances are you'll end up with a longer-lasting battery if you do the latter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.