Protected iTunes Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 GHz Quad Core Processors, 2 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 1.5 TB of storage.
If I download Itunes music on my mac, will I be able to use that in Final Cut if I make a video? I downloaded itunes songs on my PC and I couldn't use them for anything except in itunes. I downloaded a program that turned them into Mp3 files but that costed 20 bucks and doesn't transfer over to mac. Is there any program on Mac that can transform Itunes downloads to MP3 files??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac | iPod Shuffle | iPhone |
Hmmm, search your friend: Google.
It should give you some answers.
Try to be specific too.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 GHz Quad Core Processors, 2 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 1.5 TB of storage.
Did you post just to post? I can ask google anytime, I just asked here because there are experienced people here. If you really have nothing to contribute, then don't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 12" iBook G4, 14" iBook G4 running Ubuntu 7.10
Hmmm, search your friend: Google.
It should give you some answers.
Try to be specific too.

Seems like a valid answer to me...

Disclaimer: This post is not posted just for the sake of posting a post

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Wow, four responses and not a single iota of useful information...

To answer the OP's question. You can't use protected music in other applications. That's what the DRM does, it restricts your usage. You would need to remove the DRM in order to do what you want with the files. However, removing DRM is a violation of the Apple iTunes EULA, and as such, cannot be discussed here as it is against forum rule #4

Reaction score
If you intend to publish your video with a copyrighted song in the soundtrack (assuming you handle the DRM issue), you still have copyright law problems -- sync licensing and such. Here's a great site with info on music law: Music Law

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If you intend to publish your video with a copyrighted song in the soundtrack (assuming you handle the DRM issue), you still have copyright law problems -- sync licensing and such. Here's a great site with info on music law: Music Law

But, just to reiterate, we don't allow discussion of the circumvention of DRM technology as that is prohibited by the DMCA, which is US law. As such, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.