Internet Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram, 120HD Leopard // Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8Gb
Ok so here goes.

I just got a ibook of ebay.

It took me ages to connect to the internet on it. When i finally i did i was RIGHT NEXT to the wireless router.

But then i took ONE step back and the signal has one bar and you can't do anything.

Any ideas why this is?

The guy that sold it me installed it. It seems to be working but the range is utterly crap.

HELP!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Sounds like the wireless card is not connected to the antenna.

Lift up the keyboard (you'll see two connector at the top of it) very carefully. Underneath, you'll see the wireless card connected via several pins at it's base. At the top, there is an input socket for the card, which should have black wire connected to it. If that wire is not connected, you need to do so. If it is, then the problem may lie elsewhere, such as interference.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram, 120HD Leopard // Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8Gb
hey thanks.

i did that before to check if it was even inside but i stupidly didn't check if the antenna was in,

Thanks. I'll let you know if the problem progress's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.