GoToMeeting compatability

Reaction score
I'm very close to having convinced my company to let me be the first to switch to a Mac. We're all currently on thinkpads and one of the most commonly used applications is Citrix's gotomeeting (remote desktop sharing/presenting). Right now, only PC's can present their screen and Macs can only be viewers.

Can anybody talk about their experience with this and any work arounds? I heard the 4.0 version might support macs better but can anyone confirm that it will allow hosting on a Mac?

Any evidence that can help my cause is much appreciated!

FYI - there's an article today on the topic

Thanks,
Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
you could try this http://www.glance.net/ but I'm not sure but maybe something like parallels or bootcamp would work somehow with this?

OP
C
Reaction score
I thought about parallels, but that would only display the contents of the parallels window, not the entire OS X screen.

I've heard of a few other solutions: yugma, vyew, but I'll have to check out glance.

Anybody else know the status of gotomeeting 4.0 with mac hosting?

Reaction score
Can't you run Parallels full screen? I'm using VMWare and that will run in full-screen mode. In the same vein, boot camp is also an option.

I frequently use Citrix' GoToMyPC, which I assume is similar. There's a nice, full-function PC client, but to work on a Mac you have to go through a slow Java browser window. Then, the printer doesn't work and file-sharing sometimes screws up. To solve the problem, I boot XP into VMWare Fusion, and then use that to run the native GTMPC app. So I run a virtual machine in a virtual machine from within OS X :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.