Problems Staying Connected

Reaction score
So i have a macbook pro running leopard with all the updates, but i am having a slight problem. When i am at home and connected wirelessly to the internet some times the internet will just stop working. The airport symbol will stay light up with the four bars, but the internet will just stop working for about 4-5 minutes. Then all of a sudden it will go again. Now here is the strange thing, while the internet will stop working i am still able to use adium to send messages back and forth. But all the browsers do the same thing, just stop working for minutes at a time, safari, firefox, camino, opera. I do not have this problem with any of my other computer in the house so i know it has to be something on this computer that is causing it to do that. And of late the airport will just go off and then reconnect about 10 seconds later. There 2 problems are starting to drive me crazy. THough i only have these two problems at my house, i never had them while i was off at college. How in the world would i be able to fix this problem. Should i do a clean install of leopard? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.4 GHz, 256 MB Video, 4 GB Ram, 250 Gig HD. 1TB Firewire E-HD, 22' HP Monitor.
I'm currently having this same exact problem and have no idea what to do. So at the moment I always have to run upstairs to my router and modem and unplug them to reset them which is a pain in my *****! I hope someone has a solution to this annoying problem. Thanks,

Mike

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Try setting the router to a different channel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.4 GHz, 256 MB Video, 4 GB Ram, 250 Gig HD. 1TB Firewire E-HD, 22' HP Monitor.
I did a clean install of Leopard and no such luck. I'm not sure on how to change the channel but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.