Blackbook Penryn 2.4ghz Uk model - Boot Camp Fan Controller

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this site so don't flame me :[ . This is a new machine just bought around three days ago in currys digital derby (UK). I was able to control the fan speed using input remapper in my white macbook, but not in this one. The adjusters are there but they do nothing what so ever! I reinstalled the software repeatedly and came to the conclusion that it could be a hardware thing? Apple locked the last macbook graphics to only 64mb so they could of done the same with the fans?

Thanks in advance,

Derek.

P.s. My computer is running hot, room temp to 60'c under 5 mins.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
drlau9
Reaction score
Macbook Fan

Hi chscag,

Thanks for you help however I have a throttle utility 'speed switch xp' however I was after a software that allows you to physically control the fan speed, like input remapper.

The reason why I thought I was gonna get yelled at is because this topic has been covered so much and yet none of them are about the new 2.4ghz Penryn fan issue. I believe that there is a change in the new macbooks internal cooling hardware.

Derek.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.4, 2GB DDR,160gb HDD,8600m GT 256
the XP is runing so hot! in the mac OSx with 2000rpm i geting about 40-45C
and it the WIN XP its not less than 65C.
the speedfan cant controll fans in the XP! its not even showing the existens of them! so as RMClock

OP
drlau9
Reaction score
macbook Fan

My old macbook 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo, they have adjustable fan speeds using input remapper. I was using xp as well, I'm convinced that there's a hardware change in the cooling department.

Derek.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.