Mac Mail Problems

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post so please be gentle !!

Im having serious mail problems, I booted up my system this morning (Leopard 10.5.2) on macbookpro, booted into my mail app, my email account (for work) has disappeared & it prompts me to set up new account, any ideas ?

i read that if you have less than 3GB space on your mac you can have issues, i have now freed up some space and have 7GB.

ive re-booted & nothing still happens when i load up mail. Ive checked & there are still work email related account folders in /user/library/mail

Any Ideas ??

Help greatly appreciated

Cheers
Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums and I am surew you will find all will be gentle.

Firstly update to X.5.3 as there are Mail.app improvements, and if you still have problems run Repair Permissions. In the meantime go to Mail Preferences and make sure nothing has become deselected.

OP
J
Reaction score
So I updated to latest o/s revision as suggested.
I done all repair permissions.

Sorry but i forgot to mention when i go into mail preferences, there is an account there that I have never used (but set up when i first got my mac), but the other account is not there ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.