Sibelius mixer problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
Anyone have experience using Sibelius 5 for OS X?

I just installed it - everything works fine except when I go WINDOW>MIXER (or hit the shortcut key "m" on the keyboard) to open up the mixer, it is nowhere to be seen! It shows up as ticked on the menu, I just can't see the actual mixer window anywhere!

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Same problem

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Have you managed to find a solution?

Thanks,

Operaboy

Reaction score
solution!!

This problem vexed me for a while. There is a very simple solution.

Download the demo version of Sibelius 5. Right click on the demo application and choose "show package contents." Do the same for the program you bought.

Open the "contents" folder in each, and swap the "components" and "frameworks" folders from the demo into the full version's contents folder.

Open your bought version of Sibelius 5 and the mixer will work.

:Cool:

Reaction score
Thanx

Mixer problem solved. Afret 15 days of troubles. You're my hero!! I throw away the poster:D of Spiderman. Thanx again

Reaction score
This fix works perfectly, thanks a lot. One addition....... if you do use the Sibelius reference manual at all, you will have to copy and paste the .pdf file back into your "components" folder as it will now only have the Demo help.

Reaction score
Any other way?

The package solution for the Sibelius 5 mixer fix sounds perfect, but the Sibelius 5 demo seems to have been taken off the Sibelius website. Even when you follow the links to the download, it changes to the Sibelius 6 demo at the last minute. Would this still work? Do you know of anywhere else I could get a copy of the Sib5 demo? Tks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.