can you hear me now or more bars in more places

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
for those of you who have gone from Verizon to AT&T have you had any service issues or problems you have had going over.. i know i have gone from AT&T to Verizon and i have had no problems ever... no dropped called. just wondering how it is for the rest of you...

thanks in advance ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've had AT&T for several years now and have yet to experience the horror stories that I hear about its service. In fact, there have been many places where I have been able to get service where even my friends who have Verizon could not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I haven't had any dropped calls (other than when someone went into a subway); I do occasionally get the "you call can not be completed at this time", however. The only issue with AT&T VS Verizon is that AT&T doesn't work quite as well through walls and in buildings; this has to do with their network technology difference (GSM for AT&T and CMDA for Verizon).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's all propaganda anyway. As long as you're in a fairly populated area (read, not in the middle of the mountains or desert) your service will probably be fine no matter what carrier you're on. I've had Sprint and Cingular and never had any issues on either.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's all propaganda anyway. As long as you're in a fairly populated area (read, not in the middle of the mountains or desert) your service will probably be fine no matter what carrier you're on. I've had Sprint and Cingular and never had any issues on either.

Agreed. I like Verizon in terms of their network and availability, but I haven't been on AT&T in years - it may have improved since then. I'd love to ditch Verizon, but I can't seem to find a competitive plan with a good deal on an equivalent phone from another carrier. I'm out of contract with Verizon and have been poking around. The iPhone is just a little too salty for me (I only pay about $60/month for two phones - and I'd rather not pay more at this point).

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
yea verizon does have good plans and i can get insurance on my phone i have unlimited everything on a win/ mobile phone.. i just want a freakin' Iphone.. it is like i have a mac itch... my girl says i am crazy

Reaction score
it really does not matter which of wireless companies you go with, they are each going to have their own problems, its how well you react to those problems is the key.

I have been using AT&T (various company names over the years) for 15 years and I have seen it all. I really don't care about reception as I really don't like talking on the phone, but my job makes me have one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
The funny thing is that I get full service everywhere except my home. No big deal since I use wifi for Internet but yea :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.