iWeb and cyberduck

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck using iWeb and cyberduck that I can contact to step by step info. Had a site up and running and when tried updating it, it will not work.
I'm told it is being sent to the wrong directory from dreamhost.

Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm not exactly sure about Dreamhost (I use HostGator), but does it have cPanel? Worst case scenario, you can just upload them one-by-one.

With Cyberduck, you need to choose the directory all your sites go under. For HostGator, it is public_html. In public_html, there are folders to all your sites. Choose the right site, and you'll be in the correct directory.

Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you but when I used cyberduck and uploaded my iweb pages to my website and it was updated immediately.
I think it's pretty good for a free ftp program.
Good luck
Doc

Reaction score
I've had the same problems as wayneman. First time worked great. Then nothing. After about 5 help tickets, figured out that it seams that iweb makes a index_html for whatever was originally published. Moving folders/files to the old folder in cpanel worked once, after that, no. Deleted all iweb made folders and the index_html and reloaded and it remade the original index_html for which there is not a folder for. Next reload will be a bullet for the gun to my head.

Have tried Rapidweaver and various web hosting sitebuilders but don't like the butt ugly templates. Dreamweaver is out as i need gas to get to work.

Is there a fix for the index_html?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
waynerman, see Dreamhost's ftp wiki entry. Scroll to the title that says "Where do I put my files once I've connected via FTP?".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Is there a fix for the index_html?

I just exported my iWeb (version 2.0.3) content to a folder and did not find any index_html files. The html files always end in .html. That is a dot, not an underscore character.

So I for one am confused by your post.

It sounds to me like you are both uploading your files to the wrong location on your hosts. If you know the location, double click it in Cyberduck so that Cyberduck is moved into that folder. Then upload.

Reaction score
xstep your correct about the underscore, it is a index.html, but for some reason it will not change and tries to direct to or is pull from a folder that is not there. According to siteground help desk cyberduck is uploading to the correct public folder, it's the iweb made index.html that is incorrect.

Just downloaded multisite for iweb from apple, will see if that helps.

Thanks,
Tim
ps. tried one of your other suggestions about going into the application support folder and found everything that comes with ilife except iweb???????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tim,

Sounds to me like you should be able to republish your iWeb content to a folder and re-upload it. The entire thing that is.

On the other hand, if you have multiple sites in you iWeb project and are trying to post just one, then I can see some confusion there. Still, I think that should work too.

Have you given the destination a weird name with special characters in it. I have a vague memory of having to change a page name because of such an issue. I just can't remember it clearly. I might have even posted something in the distant about it in this very forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.