deleting memory card

Reaction score
Hi,
Im new to mac and I am struggling with something despite trawling the net...
All I want to do is show my hidden files on a mac so that I can delete them. On a pc these files simply come up with a right click.
Any suggestions on how to do this (simply!...)
Many thanks,
Sandown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Make sure you know what files you are deleting is all I can say

try downloading MainMenu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Hi,
I'm new to mac and I am struggling with something ... All I want to do is show my hidden files on a mac

Do you mean:
1. show the hidden files on your memory card on your Mac, or
2. show the hidden files on your Mac :eek: ? (there are well over 1000 of them)

Either option, File Buddy > Cleaning > Find Invisible Items is excellent, but as Louishen says, be very sure about which files you delete. If it was your Mac, I wouldn't go near it.

Incidentally, you can reformat your memory card, assuming it's from a camera (you don't actually say), by using the camera's Menu. You can also reformat a memory card with your Mac, using Disk Utility.

OP
S
Reaction score
hi guys
I greatly appreciate your responses. I knew it would be something simple - and it is like you said - the disk utility erased it for me.
I should have been clearer - it was just my memory stick - a portable memory device not from a camera - that I wanted to clean. Disk utility has done this.
Thanks very much.
Sandown

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.