Safari and facebook

Reaction score
Recently, I started having this problem with facebook and safari. Every time I try to login on facebook, I get this error message from Safari:

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “https://login.facebook.com/login.php” because it couldn’t establish a secure connection to the server “login.facebook.com”.

What should I do to prevent this from happening again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Get a real browser - firefox, camino, netscape, etc. Safari sucks. It does this same thing on most ebay listings as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Get a real browser - firefox, camino, netscape, etc. Safari sucks. It does this same thing on most ebay listings as well.

How do you think Safari is a "fake" browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac | iPod Shuffle | iPhone |
Personally, That happens to me a lot.
As the other people suggested I would use Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I actually have even more problems with Facebook using Firefox than Safari... I often have to reload after clicking a link to get it to actually show the page. Facebook is just crappily designed these days because of all the bloated garbage the company's decided to put on there. Personally, I haven't ever had the problem you mention. Try flushing your Safari preferences and cache.

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White

Firefox 3 is the worse browser I have ever used with eBay.
Camino is such a non-featured browser, it doesn't even have a tabs arranging option.
Netscape is long dead.

Safari is the only browser I personally like.

And about the facebook problem, yeah, it happens to me too, I guess it's just facebook is crap and too loaded with people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Firefox 3 is the worse browser I have ever used with eBay.
Camino is such a non-featured browser, it doesn't even have a tabs arranging option.
Netscape is long dead.

Safari is the only browser I personally like.

And about the facebook problem, yeah, it happens to me too, I guess it's just facebook is crap and too loaded with people.

Then use Firefox 2... I haven't made the switch to 3 yet myself. And I noticed Opera was not mentioned..

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

i find that misleading and inflamatory.

i use safari on facebook all the time, no problems whatsoever.

i would imagine the OP may be having an issue with a firewall, not safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Wouldn't that be more-so the site's problem and not the browser? Safari isn't exactly crap...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.