MDD question

Reaction score
Ok im in the process of building a MDD FW400, i was trying to install the cpu board and bent a few pins, can i just straighten those out and go about reinstalling the board, also, the cpu board doesn;t seem to want to fit right, even with the 2 metal poles as guides, i doesn;t want to seem to fit. Another question i mis read the specs online and bought pc2100 not pc2700, can i still use the pc2100?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If the pins are bent too badly you may well be out of luck and have them shear in trying to straighten them. Only option however is gently gently.

No the memory will not suffice as it is not the bus speed of the MDD. PC2700 has a bus speed of 166MHz matching your MDD. Here is a link showing memory speeds:-

http://www.ddrsdrammemory.com/which_ddr_ram.html

OP
S
Reaction score
What about installin the cpu? Is there some special trick to installing it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do the best job you can with the pins. You have not said is the CPU a Dual processor? If so you will no doubt have to use some Arctic Silver thermal grease between the processors.

Take it slow and steady and should just press nicely into position.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.