constant static from left speaker when magsafe is in

Reaction score
Ok, well today I just replaced my macbook pro since I had only had it for 11 days and it had a clicking sound on the right. The new one I got has thankfully no clicking noise on the right, but like my last mbp has the static sound from the left speaker or around it it seems to be about at the f2 key or so. whenever the magsafe is plugged in. I here this is quite common in the 15" macbook pro's. Do you think an update will be able to fix this?????

edit: it doesn't make any noise whatsoever when the magsafe isn't plugged in.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If two MacBook Pros have had the same problem, I would be looking for something common to both - like maybe interference coming off your AC mains at home.

What happens if you take your new MBP somewhere else and plug it into the AC mains?

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
I plugged it into a few different sockets to check. It does it on all of them. It's not very noticable but can be heard when the magsafe is plugged in and you put your ear up to around the magsafe area, around the esc key. I have a 2.5ghz model if that helps. A friend of mine tells me this happens to a certain degree with the most of the new macbook pro's for some reason but I'm not sure why.

OP
W
Reaction score
anyone?

It's not from the speakers it's from the magsafe it seems or around the magsafe area. It's just a static hissing buzzing type noise coming from there whenever the magsafe is in. When it is unplugged it stops.

OP
W
Reaction score
anyone else have this? I really don't want to replace it again unless some of them actually don't have this sound to some degree.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.