New wireless mighty mouse is acting weird

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24", MacBook White
Hey.

I bought a new wireless mighty mouse a few hours ago and it's been acting strange (physically), the bottom is kinda moving all the time.
I don't know how to describe that so I uploaded a short video:
http://thekopf.com/mm.mov

I had a wired mighty mouse and it wasn't like that at all.

Is it supposed to be like that?

Thanks =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Umm... Did you expect it to be touch sensitive?

That's how it clicks, it's a one button mouse and IMO, it's total crap... Within my first 20 minutes of using the wired Mighty Mouse I ordered, I unplugged it and slung it into the wall across the room. The Mighty Mouse is designed for looks more than functionality, it's overpriced, it's very inaccurate, and only has a one button function. That thing is not worth $49...

When I was using mine, I upped the mouse speed in the system preferences to the max value. I still had to move it a mile to get across the screen, that's just terrible. And, to be an optical mouse and not 'like' the grid surface mouse pad that my MX Revo, G5, G7, and other Logitech mice I have that work well on is just not something I am going to tolerate.

That thing is in its box, in the bottom of my closet, and probably will be trashed soon. It's not broken from where I slung it into the wall, I guess that gives me the ability to brag on its durability. Anyway, 5 minutes after I slung it, I proceeded to go to Best Buy and pick up a Logitech G5, same price as the Mighty Mouse but, the G5 is about 50x better.

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, actually I like the mighty mouse, It's not ok for games and such (that's why I bought myself the Logitech VX Nano with the small receiver) but I like it, cuz it's comfortable and the 360 scrolling makes it really easier for me to edit large photos and graphics.

And actually I found out the product is defected, I need to exchange it tomorrow at best buy :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I experienced trouble with the MM as well. One, it is not accurate. Two, I tried different mouse pads, I went back to the wired MM. Of course liked the idea of not having a USB port taken, or an extra wire.

OP
X

Xer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just wanted to say I went to best buy and exchanged the mouse and the new one is not loose at all, it works perfectly, I guess it was a really big defect...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
My mouse does exactly what you show in the video... that's how the mouse clicks.

Re: INTELligent's comment. It is a two button mouse. Although it clicks only one way, the touch sensitive part comes in when you have different finger positions on the mouse. So it only clicks one way but it knows (through the touch sensitivity) what kind of click you intend to do (left, right etc). Of course in user settings, if you want it to be a one button mouse, you can have it be one as well.

Although you do have to crank the mouse speed up, I don't find the wireless one inaccurate at all. I find it more accurate than a wired one (since the wired one is optical, wireless is laser). I play World of Warcraft with my WMM all the time without issue.

Reaction score
Mine doesn't do that.

I hate the mighty mouse though. The scroller annoys me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
On the box it says "single-button looks, mulitbutton charm". Personally, I like the mighty mouse, and makes my ability to access my dashboard and expose easier. I also really like how you can click the scroll button :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Works great for me. I'm rather used to it by now. Takes time to getting used to the scroller and left / right clicks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, iPod Touch 2g 16GB
I love mine. Unfortunately I left my wireless one in the states so I have to use the wired one until its sent here. But for what I do, the MM works great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.