Time Capsule to wired PC and wireless MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 4G RAM
Hello
I am new to networking with PC and Mac, so I could use some help. I have a DSL line going into a DLink modem. From there, a cable goes to my Time Capsule, then another to my Windows XP service pack 3 PC. So as it stands, I have a perfect wired connection to my PC with no issues. I have a new Macbook, and I have a wireless connection to the Internet through my TC - no issues there and Time Machine works great for backups. What I'd like to do is also move files between the two computers, and possibly backup specific files from my PC to Time Capsule. I haven't had luck getting information about networking the two machines when one (the PC) is not wireless. Has anyone done this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Have you installed apples software from the CD you got with the time capsule on the PC? I installed that and it will automatically mount the Time Capsule disk so you can just drag and drop files into it easily and its very speedy.

Hope this helps.

Zach

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 4G RAM
Hi
Thanks - I did that one time, but since I had to reboot my Time Capsule, my PC seemed to choose to ignore it. I will try it again. I appreciate you replying to my post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.