G3 blackouts

Reaction score
What´s up, everyone.
I've got a problem. I've got a second hand ibook G3 and it was working just great 'til it started to kind of freeze, or something like that. Sometimes the screen goes black and sometimes it gets red or pink. It seems like it happens when it heats. The computer seems to go on working, so I have to turn it off by pressing the start button. My questions about it are: Is it common on this machines? What is it and how can I get it fixed? Is it worthwhile to fix it?
I need to have plenty of information about that 'cause I'm in Brazil and surely not many folks know how the macs work! It will be easy for them to fool me, that's why I'm down here to get to know what shoul I do.
Thanks for your help,
sincerely,
Neuman

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's difficult to say what could be wrong with your iBook G3. Having it repaired would depend on how much it would cost in Brazil against what you originally paid for the machine. If you can find an authorized Apple dealer\repair where you are, they probably could look at it and give you an estimate. Then you can decide if it's worthwhile. Make sure you take it to an authorized dealer and not some fly by night repair shop! :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks. I've got more information here than when trying to contact an Apple Authorized repair. I send them messages or try to get them on the phone, but I can never get it. It's quite hard to get a good assistance on Macs here.
Thanks a lot!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.