Dumb question?

Reaction score
I often use a mail system that has recently changed its format. Now in order to delete or empty a mail folder, it says to right click on the folder. I use an Imac and I cant right or left click. I have a mouse with the scroll ball on top. What does one do when they are required to left or Right click?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You can right click by holding the Control key and clicking the mouse. If you're using a Mighty Mouse, I believe you should be able to right click by tapping the right side of the mouse (I'll need someone with a Mighty Mouse to confirm this - you might also need to enable right-clicking in System Preferences).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
you can right click.

Go to System Preferences

click Keyboard and Mouse

Click the Mouse tab

Then set the right click to "Secondary Button"

All done! ;)

*Future Reference*

I know you have a mouse, but this is good to know:

To right click on a trackpad (laptop) place two fingers on the pad and then click.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Again, assuming you have a Mighty Mouse, this page describes exactly how it works.

OP
racegirl
Reaction score
Hmm, Not working

Well I did what you said, set it to secondary. However, now I get a different menu when I tell the email to delete or empty. No matter, Im not going to use this particular email program anymore. It never was that reliable in the first place. Thanks for your help!;D

OP
racegirl
Reaction score
I got it..

My 11 year old daughter has shown me a different way to make it work. Are you smarter than a fifth grader? hahaha! Thanks again everyone!;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool beans. I'd recommend you check out Apple's Mail, which is built into your Mac. It should be able to interface with your preferred email server, and it's a pretty nice mail client.

Good luck.

OP
racegirl
Reaction score
Apple mail

I use apple mail too. The other thing I use is for junk, like when I sign up for certain things. I also use gmail. Different emails for different things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.