AT&T plan for new iPhone

Reaction score
I'm thinking of asking for a new 3G iPhone for my birthday, and my parents have said they might agree to paying for the first six months or year of AT&T service (I currently have Verizon and would have to switch, but my plan has expired so I'm free to do so). Do I need a data network to properly take advantage of all that the iPhone has to offer, or will a basic individual network work fine as well?

Thanks very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
you will need a basic minute plan plus a $30 a month iphone internet and data plan I believe the minimum plan total is around 80 a month

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
you will need a basic minute plan plus a $30 a month iphone internet and data plan I believe the minimum plan total is around 80 a month

its gonna be $70 its $10 more then the current lowest which is $60

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I have the current basic plan and it's $70. It's $50 for the 300 minute plan and $20 for the data plan.
From looking AT&T's website, the 300 minute plan costs $40 these days and it is believed the data plan will be $30. The one thing missing is the 200 text messages.

The data plan is required. It was last time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
My iPhone bill has always been $60 (+ taxes). $40 for the voice and $20 for the data plan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.