Final Cut Express short manual?

Reaction score
Hi!!

having seen the 1150-page manual that can be found with FCE, i was wondering if there is a shorter version out there... you know, I dont want to become Steven Spielberg after reading the manual ;D

thanks! Great community!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
emeek77 has some pretty good FC tutorials on YouTube. They only cover single operations, so it's not really like a manual. But he shows you how to do cool stuff with it.

You can search Google for some FC video tutorials or PDF tutorials.

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks.

I tried to find that on the internet, but only found the 1150 page one... doesnt anybody out there know of any other tutorials?

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks for those two web pages!!

however I was lookin for something maybe more in-depht, about a 200 page manual or so...

thanks for your time!!!:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Yeah, they are hard to find. Almost wish you could get a Spark Notes for those manuals! ;)

Reaction score
Big Manual--Steep Learning Curve

Too late for you probably, but for others considering purchase FCE 4, give serious consideration to the level of commitment necessary to understand and master this program. The manual is so g.d. long because FCE 4 is a complex and complicated app. A "Cliff Notes" version simply wouldn't be helpful given the level of detail necessary to use this powerful app. I found the manual better than most and STILL became frustrated to the point of scrapping attempts to use FCE.

Here's my advice for those uninitiated to the world of video editing: Your experience with iMovie has little bearing on the ease from which you can switch to FCE 4, despite the professional reviews of FCE found online (macworld, for one). For those considering switching, here's a quick test to help you decide. 1. Know what a "scratch disk" is? 2. Do you have 20 or 30 hours to learn a new app or do you have a friend/relative that can tutor you? If you answered yes to both, definitely purchase FCE. If not, I suggest learning to live with iMovie's limitations.

I switched from iMovie HD to FCE 4 b/c I heard iMovie 08 was a stinky pile of poop relative to iMovie HD, which I had mastered. Now that iMovie 09 has received rave reviews (again, Macworld), I'll be purchasing that and selling FCE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.