Mac mini and MS Word 98

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Haven't we already talked about this?
yea, but wine went stable this week (hit version 1.0 finally after 15 years). You could probably get office 98 running under that ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
BTW, if she just needs a word processor that will read from and save to *.DOC (MS Office), I highly recommend "Bean".

TextEdit already does that No need for another program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
this one is a double thread, can we merge them

OP
J
Reaction score
OS x

Problem solved.

A big thanks to all who posted. Sorry for the double post in another forum.

I downloaded and installed NeoOffice. It worked great. Pretty user friendly also.

Thanks agian,
J-man

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks!

A big thanks to louishen. Problem solved.

A big thanks to all who posted. Sorry for the double post in another forum.

I downloaded and installed NeoOffice. It worked great. Pretty user friendly also. it does PowerPoint, Word, that's all I needed.

Thanks agian,
J-man

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged multiple crossposts
Does anyone know if MS Office 98 will work with OS 10.3? I'm not sure if Office 98 is only for OS 9x or if it's compatible with OS X.

Does anyone know if MS Office 98 will work with OS 10.3? I'm not sure if Office 98 is only for OS 9x or if it's compatible with OS X.
For the third time, yes it will work. You will need to run it under Classic in OS X. In order to be able to run under Classic, you will either need to install it from your machine's install discs or purchase a copy of OS 9.2 and install that.
Please, do not start yet another thread on this topic.

Reaction score
Us old Macheads win again, Why does everyone want to kick everything to the curb. You do not need a G5 and a million dollar OS to do basic stuff. Im posting right now with a Power Mac 8600 and OS9,it works and did not cost a zillion bucks.For something else, I can always whip out the Linux box.

Reaction score
Another Vote for NeoOffice. Even if you get office 98 to run under classic mode you will not be able to load Office documents created under the newest versions of Office. neoOffice can open these. It also handles powerpoint compatible files. Go to their website and check it out.

http://neooffice.org

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.