I finally did it...

M

McGuillicuddy

I know this doesn't mean anything to anybody else, but I've spent months stewing and waffling over which notebook to buy; at one point I was almost ready to plunk down some major cash for the beastly Sager 9860!! Finally, today, having never owned a Mac in my life, I took the plunge and ordered a 12" iBook (256 Mb, Bluetooth, 80 GB HDD, Applecare). I can officially be counted among the ranks of the switchers, although only time will tell whether I'm happy with that switch or not :). I'm going to try to post an objective evaluation of the Wintel to Mac switch after I've had a chance to get used to OSX.

In the meantime, please pray to the dead pixel gods for me :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Congrats on the purchase. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the ease of switching. I just switched from the PC world over to the Mac world 6 months ago and have a iMac and a PowerBook (no dead pixels on either) and couldn't be happier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Niice! I only have one comment though...Before you make your evaulation, make sure that upgrade the iBooks Ram...Modern operating systems realllllly love ram..and, it will REALLLLY speed up the computer..Unless you've only used a PC with 256 MB of Ram, comparing the PC(with higher ram amts.) to the Mac (with 256) would most certainly not be objective!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.