Mail

Reaction score
hmm i have been having trouble sending e-mail with the Mail application at first i got my macbook a few weeks ago it had 10.4 installed once it upgraded it stopped allowing me to send e-mail through mail. i am using my own e-mail account which is an sbc. account (yahoo) i am allowed to receive e-mail because i always get notified when i have a new e-mail message, although i get notiffied 1 minute later and not at the time i receive the mail message, the reason i know this is because i also have yahoo IM and it lets me know when i have a new message right away and 1 munte or so later i receive it on my Mail how can i change this?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try and enter the preference and account information again for Yahoo Mail, and then Repair Permissions mand see if that makes a difference. Some applications need to be re-installed if you upgracded from Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It takes time for the Mail client to retrieve your message. Your IM client is reading directly from Yahoo!'s servers. Your Mail client isn't constantly connected to that server.
You could change the settings to check it more often in the 'General' tab of your Mail preferences, though there will likely always be a short delay between receiving your notifcation from Yahoo! and actually retrieving your message in Mail.

OP
K
Reaction score
hmmm how about everytime i open up mail, it promps me if i want to connect with that server how can i permantly make it connect with out asking me anymore?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
hmmm how about everytime i open up mail, it promps me if i want to connect with that server how can i permantly make it connect with out asking me anymore?
Because it just doesn't work that way. You will have to deal with a short delay between your notification and actual retrieval of your message.

Reaction score
Does any one know how to stop Mail from displaying your ID picture every time you send/Re an e-mail? How would I turn this off? Don't want my picture appearing on the header every time i send/Re...

Thaks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.