My ISP hardly ever connects first time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 1.5ghz PB,1gb RAM,64mb ATI,80gb HD+PowerMac G4 867mhz,640mb RAM,60gb HD+AirPort xpress+15gb Ipod
Hello.

I have recently got a 17" powerbook, and live in hospital residences, where there are no plans for broadband to be installed in the forseeable future.

Therefore I have to dial-up and use my ISP for connection to the internet, and I use the same one as used for my old Vaio laptop. They are called Madasafish.com, and I very seldom ever had any problems when connecting to the internet using the Vaio. It almost always used to connect on the first attempt without any problems or errors.

Since getting the powerbook it usually takes me about 3 attempts or more with the same ISP. I get a modem error and have to keep re-attempting to connect.

This seems unusual because most things to do with windows don't work first time and most things to do with macs work first time!

Is this because some ISPs work better with windows and others with macs? If so does anyone know of a dial-up ISP that works better with macs in the UK? Or is there some setting I can change with my ISP or other way of connecting with an ISP to make things work better?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.