iPhone Pre-Order

Reaction score
Since Apple is one of those companies that is Uber-Progressive... Is there a way for me to set up a contract with ATT, today, and have them apply all of the selections, and have them FedEx me an iPhone on Friday morning, July 11th?

It seems really half-"butt" backwards to get so excited for a device whose main function is to make our lives and work more efficient; and then stand in line for the better part of a day (a workday no less) trying to get one. That seems like the LEAST efficient way of executing that process.

So, does anyone know of a way to acquire an iPhone without standing in line all day like a communist in a breadline?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Go the next day when there is no line? That's what I did with the original iPhone, I just waited a few days for the hype to subside, then I walked in, went straight to the counter, and asked for an iPhone. Lady pulled it out, rang me up, and I was out the door in under 5 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Same here I went the monday after the release right when then store opened.
Going to an at&t is also what is the best choice most people will go to apple and try to get one.

Does anyone know about having to sign a contract in store saying that you are going to use the iPhone or something along those lines. I read something like that online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would hate to be an Apple employee that day. I wonder how many times each person will get chewed out when the customer waits in line and when the get to the counter they realize the need to sign a contract, unlike the last one.

I just found out a friend I haven't talked to in a long time works for Apple. She said she has no clue how many they'll get in on the launch date but that they might sell out.

I hope they have one for me that weekend. A co-worker has cash in hand for mine and wants it come Monday AM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
With the contract stipulation, I have a feeling that Apple isn't too worried about selling out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
With the contract stipulation, I have a feeling that Apple isn't too worried about selling out.

I think your right I don't see a million people breaking there current contracts just for the iPhone.
Plus with the surge of 1st generation iPhones on ebay those not wanting to sign a contract will have plenty of options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I hope so. I have to work till 6. There is an AT&T store 2 blocks from my place and an Apple store a mile away. One better have an iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.