Battery charger block.. wire showing

Reaction score
Where the small narrow cable meets the macbook pro's power block, it looks as if the plastic has moved slightly away and right at the base where they meet there is the silver wire of the cable showing.

I could just tape this over with some insulation tape or maby buy a new brick, but I have apple care and so would this be covered? My macbook is also under a year old.

Would apple be able to do anything about this?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Where the small narrow cable meets the macbook pro's power block, it looks as if the plastic has moved slightly away and right at the base where they meet there is the silver wire of the cable showing.

I could just tape this over with some insulation tape or maby buy a new brick, but I have apple care and so would this be covered? My macbook is also under a year old.

Would apple be able to do anything about this?

I would recommend contacting Apple to find out. I've seen at least one thread where one of these power bricks actually caught fire, and I wouldn't chance using the brick with just electrical tape wrapped around the exposed wiring. In my opinion, this shouldn't have happened under normal use and would constitute a manufacturer's defect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.