Can't install Boot Camp drivers in Windows

Reaction score
After a lot of hassle I finally managed to install Windows XP on MBA using Boot Camp.

Now when it comes to installing the Mac Drivers using the Leopard DVD I'm stumped. I put the disk in the superdrive, it autoruns. Install Boot Camp, okey everything is working fine. I click install and the progress bar fills, at the very end of the progress bar when it's "Installing Broadcom wireless" I get a flash of blue screen with some text (too fast to read) and the MBA restarts. It starts Windows but before it completely starts it checks the disk for consistency. I've tried this at least 4 times and this happens everytime.

Now I'm in Windows and it's like nothing ever happened, no mac drivers, no boot camp in the system tray, no nothing.

I have NO idea what to do. Please help!

PS. OS X still works fine. I can choose what operating system to run by holding options. It's just the mac driver installation that is the problem.

Edit: I checked and I'm running Service Pack 2. So it's not that.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this the 10.5 DVD that came with the MBA? Just wondering as there might be different drivers for it on the included DVD.

OP
R
Reaction score
Is this the 10.5 DVD that came with the MBA? Just wondering as there might be different drivers for it on the included DVD.

Well this is not the DVD that came with the computer as I don't have that one but it is the 10.5 version though. I'll check real quick if this is the version I got. It must be though.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I'm using 10.5.3. So this DVD should be fine right?

What I am asking is if you are using the DVD that came with the MBA? Since it seems to be having issues around the time it's installing the Air Port driver, I was wondering if you have to use that DVD that came with the Air.

Just a stab in the dark guess.

OP
R
Reaction score
What I am asking is if you are using the DVD that came with the MBA? Since it seems to be having issues around the time it's installing the Air Port driver, I was wondering if you have to use that DVD that came with the Air.

Just a stab in the dark guess.

Ahh I see. But no this is not that DVD. Not sure if I can get my hands on it. Any advice what I might do instead?

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem installing the bootcamp drivers on my Macbook Pro, though I don't have a leopard disc to install drivers from. (I'm in college and the box for the Macbook and everything that came with it that I don't use is back home)
I'm using the drivers found from googleing: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=71519 and I'm not sure if that'd be a problem and since this is my first mac, I don't know if I'm making some sort of simple avoidable mistake.

Reaction score
Is there any alternative if I don't have the disc/won't have it for about 5 months?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there any alternative if I don't have the disc/won't have it for about 5 months?

Parallels or Fusion, take your choice. All you need is a legal Windows disk full install.

Regards.

Reaction score
Agreed. Not an issue for Fusion or Parallels. But for Boot Camp you'll need the disk.

Cheers

Reaction score
Would it matter that I've used boot camp up to the point where I have XP installed and running on my mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.