MacBook can't find iPod shuffle

Reaction score
So, I have a brand new (as in, still under limited warranty) 1Gb iPod shuffle, which I dearly love. It's only been synced with the computer once, but now, when I go to change the songs on it/charge the thing, my Macbook doesn't see it. The shuffle doesn't even show up in Apple System Profiler as an unknown usb device.

At first, I figured it was the dock, so I purchased a usb extender for it. When I tried the new cord, nothing. No lights, no camera, no action.

The shuffle still plays the music that I already loaded onto it, but I would like to change out a few songs and charge the device.

Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Call Apple? Have you tried resetting it?

OP
L
Reaction score
Call Apple? Have you tried resetting it?

If by resetting it, you mean turning it off and leaving it off for a while--yep. I've tried the five recommended means for restoring it.

I can't even use the reset utility because the computer can't find the thing at all. It's most distressing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If none of these or these help I would get in touch with Apple about it.

OP
L
Reaction score
If none of these or these help I would get in touch with Apple about it.

Yep. I've played those games with the bloody thing. ::shrugs:: I'd rather not have to take it in, but it looks like I'm going to have to take it to Apple, even though the nearest Apple store is an hour and a half away...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none as of yet
Use the phone? Web support?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.