more memory for my make book pro

Reaction score
i'm sure there is a thread already out there of this variety, but i've been getting a few conflicting reports so i'm starting fresh...
i have a macbook pro running leopard
2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
currently running 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

i do a lot of photoshop work with some really large files and 1 GB just isn't cutting it. what's the max amount of memory i could get and any recommendations on where to go? i've heard you can get way cheaper memory thats just as good from sources other than apple. also do i have to buy it in pairs as there are 2 slots? basically i know very little about this whole process other than the fact that i really need the upgrade.

thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature...
i'm sure there is a thread already out there of this variety, but i've been getting a few conflicting reports so i'm starting fresh...
i have a macbook pro running leopard
2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
currently running 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

i do a lot of photoshop work with some really large files and 1 GB just isn't cutting it. what's the max amount of memory i could get and any recommendations on where to go? i've heard you can get way cheaper memory thats just as good from sources other than apple. also do i have to buy it in pairs as there are 2 slots? basically i know very little about this whole process other than the fact that i really need the upgrade.

thanks for the help!

to my knowledge the MBP 2.16 supports up to 2 GB.

Oh Wait a minute. i found this: http://support.apple.com/kb/SP33

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP32

Hope that helps you.

Mohammed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
3GB max for the C2D 2.16GHz
2GB max for the CD 2.16GHz

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks for the help, i ordered 2GB from OWC last night. should be here soon!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.