Online Search Facility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
Am in process of designing a commercial site and client has requested that it includes a Search Facility... Uhmn, question is, how easy is it to create a site specific Search Facility or will it be easier to purchase this function from a 3rd party commercial source? Note, am not a programmer but able to 'play' with CSS. Thx in advance.

^o^

Reaction score
I went with a third party search function http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/index.html
it's about a hundred bucks, easy to use, works with stylesheets and fits nicely into a DW template.

whats cooler is if your site is under 50 pages, you can get away with using the free edition (although buying it really is a good investment)
ummm - ooops, forgot where I was - y'see, it only runs on Windows.... and... um - I posted my rather moot suggestion in a Mac forum - oops. So, if you have access to a PC - you can do the indexing on there while you do the site's work on your Mac (like I do)

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
Thx for that fstjohn - the client is actually PC/Windows based, so maybe there is an opportunity to sort something out (plus they also have a PC version of Dreamweaver)... Either way, will certainly take a look at the wrensoft option. Thx again.

^o^

Reaction score
glad to hear it! I was expecting the flames (not from you) to start fast and furious after I dropped the "W-Bomb" in this forum... whew!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
Anyone interested in a free and workable Search engine (function) for their website - then look at Tipue (www.tipue.com), very impressive - uses javascript, CSS and xml. Needs a bit of time to work out what this and that option/code does but very customisable nonetheless...

^o^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.