The Mac OS X Install disks don't seem to work!

Reaction score
Hello once again, before I tell everyone my issue, I understand that this topic may have no reason to be here; it may belong in another forum branch, but seeing as how the problem mainly lies with the Windows portion of my Mac, I'll post it here.

Recently, I made a topic about how I finally installed Windows Professional on my Macbook Pro, and how the sound wouldn't work, the computer would somewhat lag whenever I dragged an application by the title bar, and how I had no idea (or way) of setting up an internet (wireless) connection.

A poster told me I needed to install the Mac OS X disks I received with my Macbook Pro. However, as I try to install them, I get a message along the lines of "Your Windows Installer is not up to date, would you like to install a newer version?" Clicking no quits the whole thing, but when I click yes, I get a message saying something along the lines of "The required file "UPDATE" was not found.", and then the entire thing stops. The partition size of my Windows is 75 GB.

Am I even installing it on the right partition? Should I install it on the Mac portion of it? Will this even fix my problems? So many questions, and yet, I'm at my wits end. Please help, if you can. Thanks in advance.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is this Windows XP Pro SP2? If not the installer on the OSX 10.5 DVD will not install on an older SP1 or less version of Windows. That is why Apple states in the requirements for Bootcamp XP SP2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.