Having Shockwave issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, and "the senior" a Blueberry iMac g3
I just received my new Macbook today, and after playing with it for a while, I went to visit an RPG game I play online. A major part of the game uses Shockwave. When it didn't load, I looked it up - and found how to use Rosetta. I enabled it in Firefox and Safari. Shockwave 11 was downloaded. I restarted both browsers running Rosetta, neither would load Shockwave.

I have looked up everything I can but something is still wrong. YouTube works fine, but I cannot load my game or this page I saw when I searched the topic...

http://www.candystand.com/play.do;jsessionid=77724315DF86DB72A33D5916BB1F0CD8?id=18318

Is there any other way to get it working? Part of me getting a new MacBook was to be able to play this game a little more efficiently than on my old iMac.

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Why did you need to use Rosetta, and anyhow, it just works in the background

There are Intel downloads for shockwave here

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

Mac OSX 10.4 Internet Explorer/Safari/Netscape
Full Installer Shockwave Player 11

OP
Bailey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, and "the senior" a Blueberry iMac g3
I tried downloading exactly what is on that page. It says it installs successfully every time I do it - but Safari is STILL showing me errors for Shockwave.

I have an appointment this evening with the local Apple store, I guess I will see what is wrong if they can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
maybe its an issue with safari 3?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.