Do you PDA?

R

rebz

Okay, So I've been thinking of getting myself a new toy, and while my iPod(3G 30GB) is out of date, and my camera is only 4MP, I am content with the quality of both at the moment. Years ago I had a Palm M100 that I used in high school to keep track of notes. Being a college student now, the organizer and other features could come in more handy now. While I have a PC, my laptop is the new powerbook G4, and I was thinking about which palm/ppc device would be the best in the market now. I am looking for upgradability, like SD slots for GPS/WiFi for later. Which PDA do you have, what do you use it for, how compatible are they with iCal, and Address Book?

Yada Yada, if you have any information, that'd be great! :D

OP
D

Desolate One

I use an old ass Sony Clie. No colour, no nothing. Keeps my engagements and contact information, that's about it. Haven't carried it around it in a bit but I think I should. Then again carrying a mobile phone & PDA can get quite tiresome. I need a smart phone. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Something like is?

attachment.php

I'm still waiting for something that has a OS that as kewl as this to come on the scene. something that actually remembers and learns the way you write. Dont say it's not possible, cause Apple did it with the brick sized Newton. Doomed to flop but state of the art in it's time.

omp_1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I still have a newton but I use a Palm Tungsten C and it is a great little PDA. 802.11b built in, keyboard built in, color screen, SD reader. Syncs perfectly fine with iCal and Address Book

OP
R

rebz

trpnmonkey41 said:
I still have a newton but I use a Palm Tungsten C and it is a great little PDA. 802.11b built in, keyboard built in, color screen, SD reader. Syncs perfectly fine with iCal and Address Book

do you use any extra palm apps? i was worried that the only "extras" that had anything to do with syncing with the computer would be more windows based. what do you use it for? etc. do you use any accessories with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Reaction score
I like my tungsten T, it is pretty old but it is small and built well so I am not planning on upgrading any time soon.

OP
C

Cloudane

I have an iPaq but hardly ever use it, especially now having a 12" Powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
P.D.A...

Portable Disposable Apple?

OP
D

danger_boy_13

I have an iPaq 2210/2215, but now that I have a PB 12", I don't really use it just because it is more difficult to sync (I believe it can be done, but you have to have MissingSync or something?).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
how is missing syns thinking of buying it?

OP
D

danger_boy_13

I don't know, I haven't actually used Missing Sync, just heard about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.