iWeb: Safari vs Firefox 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Untill last week's release of Firefox 3, I always thought Safari was a more pleasant browser to use on a Mac than Firefox was. But with Firefox 3, I have to admit, it's got Safari beat, IMO.

One thing I have noticed tho, is that when looking at my .mac website (made on iWeb) the reflections in the website, no longer show (see screen shots below).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

fd6872c2.jpg

e2f55623.jpg

205789e3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Looks to me like the reflection is created via javascript and perhaps some CSS code. Anyway, Firefox 3 isn't liking it for what ever reason. Send both development teams a bug report.

The reflection displays properly in Firefox 2 and Omniweb 5, so a likely answer is that Firefox 3 has a bug. [UPDATE] There is a little discussion on the web about some FF3 issues including this. One note I saw suggested that the Javascript maybe flawed. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

I was going to suggest you export the iWeb pages to a local folder and test there, but it looks like you created that page today with the latest version of iWeb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Quite amazing. The tool bar on your Safari snap is the same as my Firefox, and vice versa!

OP
iLaw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Looks to me like the reflection is created via javascript and perhaps some CSS code. Anyway, Firefox 3 isn't liking it for what ever reason. Send both development teams a bug report.

The reflection displays properly in Firefox 2 and Omniweb 5, so a likely answer is that Firefox 3 has a bug. [UPDATE] There is a little discussion on the web about some FF3 issues including this. One note I saw suggested that the Javascript maybe flawed. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

I was going to suggest you export the iWeb pages to a local folder and test there, but it looks like you created that page today with the latest version of iWeb.

hmmm... I guess I should wait for an update?... I don't think I need to send a bug report to the Safari team, since Safari seems to produce the same as IE, and FF2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I would say send the bug report to Mozilla, but if they already know about the problem, informing them isn't going to do anything. Just wait for the next update, which I would imagine isn't too far off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Untill last week's release of Firefox 3, I always thought Safari was a more pleasant browser to use on a Mac than Firefox was. But with Firefox 3, I have to admit, it's got Safari beat, IMO.

One thing I have noticed tho, is that when looking at my .mac website (made on iWeb) the reflections in the website, no longer show (see screen shots below).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Seeing as how Safari is Apple/Mac's native browser, I would say it's an inside support issue. With Firefox 2, there might have been an add-on to take care of this, but with 3, I don't have a clue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Seeing as how Safari is Apple/Mac's native browser, I would say it's an inside support issue. With Firefox 2, there might have been an add-on to take care of this, but with 3, I don't have a clue.
I'd be willing to bet that this is correct, I'd have to generate a page with this type of effect in iWeb to confirm though. Interestingly it's a complaint I have about Microsofts browser too (implementing non-standard coding)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I don't recall adding any add-ons to Firefox 2, so either it is a bug in FF3 or perhaps a bug in the Javascript code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.