Problems re-installing Adobe Illustrator CS2 with a new serial

Reaction score
I did a search of all the threads before posting, so please forgive me if this is already in a previous thread that I might have overlooked.

I am trying to install Adobe Illustrator on a non-intel G5 machine running leopard (that at one point had illustrator with a different serial number installed). The install goes smoothly, but when it is time to launch Illustrator it already has a serial number and asks me to activate it. The only problem is that the old serial number is activated on another machine, and I would like to use a different serial number on this machine.

I have been doing some google searches on this problem for a few hours now, and am not finding any solutions. I would assume that there is a file that was left behind on my computer (when I uninstalled the other Illustrator) that stores the serial, which illustrator is referencing?

If anyone has run into the issue and has been able to work through it, or can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.