• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Drug!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
To **** with Alcohol and Drugs I have found my new addiction. The addiction is Garage Band. I've always dreamed of being a musician and Garage Band allows this. I purchased I Life 04 Saturday and have been hooked on it since. It's amazing all the things you can do with it. I would like to get more information or insight on what else I can do with this program. I would love to push the limitations of this software. If any of my Mac brothers or sisters have any advice please throw them my way.

Reaction score
Doesn't that come with OS X ??? I thought it did... just checking.

D

Desolate One

iLife came w/ my iBook, so yes. I haven't given Garage Band a shot yet, nor installed Rebirth. Waiting to max out my RAM before I do anything that intensive on my system. ;)

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
shaun89 said:
Doesn't that come with OS X ??? I thought it did... just checking.

Actually for some reason mine did not. I thought that it did also. I purchased the OS X Panther by itself. It's not the original O.S. that came with the computer. My computer is an Sawtooth 400 mhz. I upgraded the processor to 1 gig. Helluva of a difference. Should've spent the money on a decent monitor my eyes are killing me!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iLife comes with new computers but does not come with Panther

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
No. He has an older G4 which he upgraded the processor and purchased panther separately

iLife comes with new computers but is not included with Panther

F

flonejek

Do you have a keyboard?
I ordered the m49e keystation a while back, and can't wait till it gets here, though I must say garageband's pretty cpu intensive on my iBook...

P

PMJx2

How have you been using garageband? Do you just mix songs and make remixes and stuff, or do you just add instrument clips together to make songs. There are many different styles you can use to this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
For the less fortunate we need a few packets of those..... My poor ears

attachment.php

But this would be just as effective...

attachment.php

:cool:

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01154.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I use garageband to create from scratch as well as edit other songs, I also borrow sounds from songs using garageband for use in garageband.

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont have a keyboard or anything like that. I just create music using existing loops. I am still a Rookie at this so bare with me. I didnt know that I could edit songs thats even better.

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hype.it said:
For the less fortunate we need a few packets of those..... My poor ears

attachment.php

But this would be just as effective...

attachment.php

:cool:
I envy you because of that nice souped up G5 with 8 gigs of Ram??? Please dont tell me that you just surf the internet.....

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macman said:
I use garageband to create from scratch as well as edit other songs, I also borrow sounds from songs using garageband for use in garageband.
Are there any manuals or any type of literature I can read to use the program more effectively?????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.