MBP Repair / Refurbish / Still under AppleCare...

Reaction score
Hey guys

My MBP is roughly 1.5 years old and is still covered under Apple Care.

My question is this:

My computer has a bunch of small cosmetic issues. The screen flops, some of the aluminum is chipped, there is an ugly grease/usage stain on the touch pad, some of the keys are crooked, and the clasp that holds the screen closed is semi-screwy.

Not to mention my laptop randomly freezes and restarts occasionally.

I work in a very trendy clothing store and use my laptop to play music off of. My boss has asked that I somehow get my laptop cleaned up, and I would really like to do so for both him and myself!

Has anyone ever heard of Apple doing a complete cosmetic clean/repair/whatever? I'd like it to look brand new and I am certainly willing to pay...

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
i would recommend calling an apple care person and telling them about your issues especially if any of these problems came from normal usage. i sent my macbook in a few months ago because i had some chipping occurring around the edges and they not only replaced that top facia around the keyboard but also gave me a new touchpad, power button, and keyboard. call and see what hey say before you spend money. you can certainly send it off to pay to have these things fixed but i bet if your honest and polite to your apple care person they will be straight up with you about what you can get replaced for free if anything.

if they are going to fix any of it then i would send it in to them first and see if they might throw in a little extra love for ya.

if they are not going to do anything for ya then you can google sites that will replace things for you or you can buy the parts and do it yourself if your handy.

good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
good luck, that sounds like all standard "wear and tear" to me. they dont owe you squat! :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes, I know it's standard wear and tear. Has anyone heard of a case where someone has had their laptop made to look like new again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
you could make it look brand new if you wanted.

everything you wold need is here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.