New Hard Drive Not Recognized By MacBook 13"

Reaction score
:Not-Amused: :Shouting: :Angry-Tongue:
Okay so in my last thread i realized i needed a new hard drive for my macbook.
I got a new western digital 2.5" 320 GB hard drive and it still doesn't recognize it. I'm really desperate and someone told me the port may be messed up on it. Anyone have any ideas!? Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What do you mean it doesn't recognize it? Does it not show up in the OS X installer where it asks you to pick a drive, or does it not show up in Disk Utility when you try to format it?

OP
J
Reaction score
What do you mean it doesn't recognize it? Does it not show up in the OS X installer where it asks you to pick a drive, or does it not show up in Disk Utility when you try to format it?

Both, I put in the installer disk and it doesn't recognize it and then i use the disk utility and it just doesn't see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 C2D/4GB Corsair/250GB WD2500BEVS - iPod Classic 80GB
I had the same problem w/ a WD2500BEVS I took out of a external passport. I was no longer using the passport and thought I put it to use by upgrading my HD from 160 to 250.

I took out my old drive and installed the WD and it refuses to mount. Tried moving the jumpers around, still nothing. Put my 160 back in and popped the 250 back into the enclosure and hooked it up via USB. Brought up the disk utility and it was able to mount the 250. Formatted again, HFS, but in back into my MacBook, still nothing.....how odd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.