bought new Mac notebook need help transfer iPod info

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I Have a windows formatted ipod video with about 30,000 songs on it. I just bought a macbook pro laptop and I would like to know the best method of getting the music from my ipod onto my new macbook. Now I'm convinced that there's an easier way than individually copying my massive CD collection onto my new computer. Also, Id prefer to stray away from putting all the music onto a flash drive and than copying it to the new computer because I don't have a big enough flash drive.

so to clear that up...

What is the easiest way of getting the music from the windows formatted ipod video onto my new macbook.

thanks in advance

patt

C

carlili4190

i used an external hard drive for my transfer, i formatted the hard drive to windows format, put the music on it, then put it back on my macbook, and then reformatted it(erased everything) for time machine and voila all the music is backed up on time machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
not sure whether it helps or not but I copied all the music from my iPod to my iBook with a free programme called Senuti... it was already formatted for Mac but lost on a dead external drive and my iPod was my only copy of all the files...

iTunes would not let me download it as the iPod was already registered with another iTunes library (on the dead drive)

what format are your files?? If they're mp3s, do they not work on PC and Mac?

hope that helps some... and congrats on the new Mac, by the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
lol, you can get it for free, it just asks you for a donation every 10 songs =P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.