Which Photoshop?

Reaction score
I hope I am putting this in the right place . . .

We recently got a Mac OS X Laptop.

Which version of Adobe Photoshop do I need to buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Laura, what do you want to use it for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I hope I am putting this in the right place . . .

We recently got a Mac OS X Laptop.

Which version of Adobe Photoshop do I need to buy?
The Mac version of Photoshop.

Seriously, what computer do you have? What version of OS X are you running?
We'll need a few more details in order to help you better.

OP
Laura
Reaction score
Version 10.5.3

I'll be using it for photography and graphic design :)

Reaction score
I would have to imagine Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 will do just fine. It is relatively inexpensive. The next step up, CS3, has more features, but I get the feeling you probably don't need all of those advanced options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I you want to edit or make your own graphics I'd go for CS3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Laura, If you are in full time education you can get a huge discount from Adobe for their software, just search their site. I would go for CS3, elements is really for photographers, and not for serious graphics design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/ 2.4Ghz /2 GB and iPod Nano 1stG
Actually like somebody said if you are a student, like me, I suggest you get the Creative Suite Package Student Version. (includes Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign) which is very handy for graphic design. Believe great prices through university. I think i spent about 220.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Actually like somebody said if you are a student, like me, I suggest you get the Creative Suite Package Student Version. (includes Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign) which is very handy for graphic design. Believe great prices through university. I think i spent about 220.

That's only true for print designers though. >_>" Our school requires that we learn Web design as well and I had to go out and get the Web Package as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/ 2.4Ghz /2 GB and iPod Nano 1stG
That's only true for print designers though. >_>" Our school requires that we learn Web design as well and I had to go out and get the Web Package as well.

oooh lame. Sorry I wasnt exactly sure, I'm actually in Architecture and thats what they required for us. I imagine the Graphic Design department has a few other programs too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.