Airport Extreme and FTP help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black, 13", 2.4 GHz Intel, 2 gb memory
I just switched to Mac (and I'm happy) but I need some help with my airport extreme. When I am on campus at my class I can upload files to my server for my website at several hundred kb/s but when I go home it plummets to roughly 30 kb/s for my uploads. Why is this? I have cable internet at home and do not see why my uploads at home can't be above 30 kb/s. I need to get these files on my server faster at home and don't want to wait around on campus just to do upload large files. Any ideas? I tried port forwarding but maybe I screwed it up somehow... Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your campus has a faster upload speed than your house. Most base residential internet plans top out at 30 KB/s up. So your problem probably is not with your Airpot Extreme. You may have the option of upgrading your upload speed. My upgraded residential connection tops out at 512K up, which I find slow.

T

todd51

Your campus has a faster upload speed than your house. Most base residential internet plans top out at 30 KB/s up. So your problem probably is not with your Airpot Extreme. You may have the option of upgrading your upload speed. My upgraded residential connection tops out at 512K up, which I find slow.

512K???!! Wow, that's fast! Mine tops out at 62 at my college apartment, and it tops out at 40 at my parent's house!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.