iPhone 3G car accessories

Reaction score
So, I'll be getting an iPhone 3G when it comes out but one thing I'd love is one of those bendy stand that plug into your cigarrette lighter in your car and holds your phone up right in a position you bend it into and it also charges it.

Does anyone know of an accessory like that for the iPhone 3G? I have a 2008 Honda Civic LX if that helps, so I'd be playing my music on my iphone through the aux input thats located next to the lighter.

Any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If one was made for the current iPhone, then chances are that you should be able to use that with the new iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
No, but I hope some good ones are made, because I'm planning to make good use of the GPS feature when I get mine. :) It may not be GPA-car friendly at first, but there's word that Garmin is making an app to work with the iPhone. I'm skeptical since such a program would cut into Garmin's GPS device sales.

Reaction score
I'm skeptical since such a program would cut into Garmin's GPS device sales.

They will probably charge like $50 for the app. I've used both Garmin and TomTom, and personally, I think TomTom's interface is the most like mac and iphone. I would love to see them write an app for the iphone.

OP
A
Reaction score
Is there a company that specializes in current gen iphone car adapters/hook ups? Maybe they'll have new ones for the iPhone 3G??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, since the 3G is virtually the same dimensions as the first one, I don't think there's any need to come out with new accessories to hold it, except to milk people out of more money. As for getting holders/accessories for iphone in general, they're freakin' everywhere! Google is your friend.

The smaller screen compared to stand-alone GPS devices and my car windshield pitched really far forward will make using the it for GPS while driving a little difficult. If someone could make a flip-down sun visor mount for it, that would be in the perfect position for me to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't really see why. Other than maybe some new mounting positions in the car, like I mentioned, I don't see why there would need to be different accessories from what's already out. I can't even think of what something different would be. It's basically the same device: same dimensions, same buttons in the same places, same touch screen. There's already plenty of mounts that give access to all the buttons and the screen. There's suction/windshield mounts, vent mounts, cup holder mounts, console mounts, seat bolt mounts, etc. And most of them swivel for portrait and landscape viewing. So what new setup are you thinking of?

OP
A
Reaction score
well what's already out there then? that was my original question.

What car mounts do you guys have??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's just tons and tons of them, way too many to list, and they can all be found with a simple Google search.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.