Hot corner shortcuts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
How on earth can I shut off hot corners, on the display for my Mac Mini running Leopard you can see the visible colour changes for the menu locations and I'd like to kill that, is it possible ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
go to preferences, then expose and spaces. Hit the expose tab, and you will see four hot corner drop down menu's. set them all to blank.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, didn't do it, still have little coloured corners....just a little annoyance in my opinion.....just al corners and slightly different colour than the rest of the display, doesn't do it when I kick the Mini into XP.....via Bootcamp so I know it's OS X specific....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hot corners, on or off, doesn't discolour the display. To my knowledge it dosn't give you any visual indication that hot corners is on or off.

If you're getting coloured corners of the display I'd suggest it's something else causing it.

Any chance of a screen shot?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's a screenshot in this thread here http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112266 just click on the thumrnail to load it and in Safari just click on the image to make it real size (1680x1050) you can see the corners....one's green, one's blue, one's red and one's a dark greenish kinda red....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'm pretty sure that that's a 3rd party app that's doing that.

Look in System Preferences - Accounts - login items and see what you have loading at startup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
There is definitely a third-party app that does that. I thought it was TinkerTool, but after a little searching it looks like it must be something else...

Since it's a used Mini, look in /Applications for any third-party apps that do special things to the system. Onyx maybe? I know it is a third-party app, I just can't remember which one.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was Max Menus, and yes, a used Mini, with a new (much larger 160Gb v 60Gb) HD I put in the day I got it home and restored it with the system discs then upgraded with Leopard, it's all fresh but I installed Max Menus and that's what did the odd ball coloured corners....ugh disabled now

Thanks for the help guys !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.