trouble installing windows xp

Reaction score
I have attempted installing XP Home / sp2 on a MBP Intel 2+ Ghz 3 mb RAM
OSX 10.5.3 Tried install with Parallels 3.0 and then Boot Camp. Always the same Blue screen install goes through to "Starting Windows" then gives me text
that it is shutting down due to init problems and I should restart in the bios using F8. The F8 ploy won't work and the install doesn't look 100% right to me but I have only done a few. Anyway, I have un-installed Parallels and used the terminal to sudo rm any possible left over files, I have fixed disk permissions, done sbin/fsck -fy in single user boot, run disk warrior, reset the pram and done a safe boot. I have even tried two virgin copies of windoze xp
sp 2 with the same results. The only thing I can think to do is back up and then zero the disk and start from square one. Trouble is the client is afraid. If anyone has an idea what's up here I would certainly enjoy the help. I tried to tell the guy if he ran time machine tonight we would have a solid place to start to morrow, but he wants to think about it. I have to respect his wishes.

Again, any help would be greatly accepted.

Tommy Texino

OP
texino
Reaction score
Tried a third copy of XP and it loaded NP. Go figure? Each disk was a legal in the the box never used, never activated OEM version with SP 2. Gotta to love that MS...)

Thanks TT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.