4GB RAM worth it??

Reaction score
Well I'm about to purchase my first Mac, and it's going to be a MBP 15', but before I make the final transaction I wanted to get a little more information so..is it worth it to get 4GB RAM? Or should I just stick with the 2GB and upgrade later if I feel like it?

Also on the note of tech specs is it worth to upgrade the processor or is 2.4 Ghz plenty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
I mean dude its your call of course more memory and a faster processor its gunna be fast dude. Just how fast do you want it ? what are you trying to do ?

IMO.... I would stick with the 2GB and the 2.4Ghz because MBP are not cheap and if you wanted to you could get the 4GB later on down the road.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
Skip the RAM from Apple, get it from Crucial.com

Lots of people have recommended it, and I might just do the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
yeah, I would upgrade to the 4 gigs but like the user above said, go with it from another company. If you look in your macbook pro manual it shows you how to install the ram (very easy and doesn't void warranty) and it's a lot cheaper. But having 4 gigs of ram is great....makes things a lot smoother

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
It's worth it if you need it!! If you're going to use your laptop for doing basic stuff like surfing the net, email, etc 2gb would be enough.

But as others said, just buy your laptop with 2gb then see how you go and if needed you can still upgrade by yourself and save some money :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it's a very easy swap. Pull the battery, pull 3 screws, release a tab, pull one stick and repeat. Install is reverse. Not worth the $$$ to pay Apple to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
if hes only going to be doing basic stuff like surfing, mail etc. then why spend so much extra to get a Macbook Pro? a normal macbook would be enough then...

OP
AndrewPL
Reaction score
if hes only going to be doing basic stuff like surfing, mail etc. then why spend so much extra to get a Macbook Pro? a normal macbook would be enough then...

I never said what I would be using it for, but if you are wondering I'm going to be using it for the basics obviously, and also for film editing and some photography so I feel that I need a MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.