• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Putting DVD's onto my computer?

L

loopydoopy

Hey!

I am getting ready to present my thesis, and it is in the silence of the lambs, but i need to know how i can put a few clips from the dvd onto my computer????? Any suggestions would be awsome!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Id say rip the dvd, then cut out the few clips you need, or use snapz pro to capture the clips as a quicktime movie.

OP
L

loopydoopy

k...

Macman said:
Id say rip the dvd, then cut out the few clips you need, or use snapz pro to capture the clips as a quicktime movie.

Ok, sorry for being so 'beginner' like. BUT .... how do u suggest that i rip the DVD? LIke when i put it into my dvd drive, i can't just drag the files onto my harddrive? LOL! Sorry.

Thanks.

OP
L

loopydoopy

i tired....

i went to mactheripper website, and tried to download the program, but instead i had another browser window open with only a bunch of giberish text ... ???? Thanks again. I will try that link that u posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Ctrl Click on the link you clicked to download and click download file as or save as i forget what it says

OP
P

PMJx2

How do you get clips after you rip the dvd? Would the be seperated in the big file?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.