Questions for current MacBook owners

Reaction score
Do any of you have any problems with the glare or the screen size of the macbooks? Do you use the macbook for extended periods of time? Do you use an external display with it or just look at the 13" screen?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
glare? no. the shallow vertical viewing angle is sometimes slightly annoying.

screensize? no - it is clear and detailed. and my machine prior to the mb was a 17" HP pavillion, and at work i use a 21" lcd - the 13" macbook is fine.

extended use? yep - it's my primary computer at home.

external screen? no, never.

OP
O
Reaction score
the reason I'm asking is because I need a new computer for college. I had originally looked at the MBP, but they are quite expensive. I never do any detailed graphic stuff or gaiming, so I know the MB perfectly suits my needs (MS office and internet). However, two of my concerns about the MB are the screen size and the glossy screen.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i do use mine near bright windows at times and i haven't had too much of an issue with glare.

OP
O
Reaction score
so are there any users out here that have purchased MB but wished you had gotten the MBP instead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
No, no, yes and no.

I love my MacBook. I've been very, very happy with it from day 1. I wouldn't say no to a MBP but I certainly don't regret not splashing the extra cash. This suits my needs, I surf for hours a day, play a lot of The Sims 2, bit of Photoshop, MSN, Yahoo, Skype, and a touch of web design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white 160GB. iPod nano... old school one.
To all of your questions: No.

I don't regret not getting a MacBook Pro. If you got the money... go for it. If you don't I think you'll be just as happy with a MacBook.

Reaction score
Would I love a MBP? Who wouldn't? But I'm still perfectly happy with my baseline MB. No screen issues, no external display, use it for hours a day. If the money isn't a problem then of course get a MBP, but a regular MB would suite your needs perfectly.

OP
O
Reaction score
Do you guys get eye strain with your MB? Cuz one of the reasons why I switched from CRT monitors to LCD monitors was because LCDs didn't have a lot of glare and thus reduced eyestrain

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i don't notice any. just make sure to adjust your brightness for the environment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
I just switched to Mac and got a MB last Saturday.

Previously I had a Dell laptop with a 14.1" screen and i was using 1400x1050 resolution.
To be honest, the 1st couple of hours using the MB I had a bit of eye strain and I reckon it was due switching from 1400x1050 resolution on the Dell to the 1280x800. Now I don't have this strain anymore and I find that the MB screen is very nice and comfortable to use!!

Before getting my MB, I was hesitating between the MB and MBP but because the MBP is pretty expensive and as I'm not doing any video/photo heavey stuff I went for the MB.

Also if you're going to use your laptop for college you might look for something that's easy to carry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Unibody White
I have no glare problems from my MacBook. I am perfectly happy with the screen size, and I use my MacBook every day for extended periods. I even do image processing work on it daily.

Reaction score
I've had my Macbook since last July and I love it. I previously had a 15 inch Compaq laptop and thought it would be a big adjustment going down in monitor size but it wasn't. I haven't had any problems with the glare. I'm on mine for hours and hours and never had any problems or issues. I've never looked back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.